Sunday, September 2, 2012

Why don't you go where fashion sits, Puttin' on the Ritz...Bahrain style!

So our new friends told me they were inviting me, Amanda, and Naomi out for a night of fun. They already had the place in mind and we were super excited to head to.....the good old Ritz Carlton of Bahrain; JOY!

We went to a little bar/restaurant there called Trader Vics. I have never been to a Trader Vics before, though they have locations around the world. It was amazing & I definitely recommend a stop in if you travel somewhere that has one!

The restaurant has a tropical atmosphere and there was a fun little salsa style band playing. They are known there for their delicious, and strong, drinks! We were checking out the menu, but my friend told me he already knew what he wanted to order me, so I went for it. He ordered me a drink that is not on the menu...it is called Hamoudi, (I think?!). If I am right, then that is another way of saying Mohammed...which I felt like was another way of saying "See you tomorrow"!  


My first sip made me cough...what in the world is this?? But, it was cold and yummy! Two in and I was golden. When he ordered me the third one, Naomi took it away and said "Nope! We have brunch in the morning!" So I passed it off to one of his buddies. While the drinks were delicious, they were also super strong, so unless you plan for a long night out and a lazy day the next, a couple drinks at Trader Vics will do you just fine!

We ended up having a great time and enjoyed the friendly company. Amanda and I were busy trying to teach them about American football and he got down the one college team he needed to know....Hook Em! And of course we had to teach him to throw his talons up too to rep the ole UNT!

We had lots of fun together that night. We ended up catching a late night snack of hummus, pita bread, mutabal, grilled halloumi cheese, and lamb biryani at Al Abraaj restaurant. Yes-I ate LAMB and yes, it was delicious! The food at Al Abraaj was amazing and I will definitely have to be looking for some hole in the wall spots that serve this food in Texas!



The next morning was brunch....that will have to be it's own little update. But, moral of the story is.....head to Trader Vics for a fun, more posh atmosphere and delicious cocktails!

No comments:

Post a Comment