Tuesday, September 4, 2012

There's No Place Like Home!

Top 10 Things I'm Missing After 1 Month and 4 Days Away From Home:

10. Dad's BBQ. Ribs and steaks and all the good stuff that nobody makes quite as well as my D-A-D. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Oh, and Dad cooking out at the land...even BETTER. And shooting guns. Actually, I'd love to just spend a day at the land real quick & then come back here!
9. Texas Country and all things associated with it! One of the very best things to do on a summer night is sit outside and listen to live music, have a cold drink, and dance with friends! Ahh, I miss it!
8. My friends.....of course! What I wouldn't give to have some of these experiences with my friends from home. And this summer was full of such good times with my best friends, Kappa sisters, and old friends from school. Amazing people I have back home and I miss them dearly!
 7. Dr. Pepper! And Blue Bell! Better yet, make it a Dr Pepper float. I miss some sweet soda and quality ice cream. Darn. In fact, my niece and I were eating these and swimming in the pool the last night she slept over before I left. Man, I miss the POOL. And my NIECE. Okay, I'm getting off topic...
6. My Ipod and Pandora. I miss, miss, miss good and current music! Somebody email me some music files, por favor!
5. Football. It's that perfect time of year full of tailgating, good food, sweatshirts, and an entire Sunday devoted to the most Texan game you can find. I'm even missing out on Friday Night Lights in Allen's fabulous new stadium :( All these Facebook updates and pictures of football season starting just make me jealous.
4. Tex Mex.....Oh, what I wouldn't give for a ginormous bowl of queso and some spicy tex mex right now! And even though it doesn't *quite* count as "tex mex", I will throw in Taco Bueno on my most missed list. A nice plate full of Mexi Dips & Chips....yes please!!
3. Baseball. I MISS watching the Rangers and being at the games. I miss getting to watch games with my daddy at night! And I just KNOW this will be the year that they go all the way. Dad better Skype me in so I can at least get to see it from afar!
2. MOOSE! My adorably adorable-ultra snugly-follow me everywhere-little puppy!!! Oh, I miss him so, so much. I wish I could get him shipped out to me to keep me company.
1. Last, but nowhere near least, MY FAMILY!!! Ohmyword I can't even put into words how much I miss them. Never in my 27 years have I gone this long without seeing them. We are incredibly close and making it away until Thanksgiving will be a challenge! I tear up when I talk to my sweet nieces and nephew on Skype. I just hate missing out on spending time with them. If only I could freeze their growing up until I get back; going from seeing them ALL THE TIME to never sure hurts my heart! I hate not being able to call my sister 10 times a day just to talk. I hate not getting hugs from Mom and Dad. I even hate not getting to sit on my brother's 4 ton vinyl ball at work and bug him. The day I get off of the airplane back at DFW Airport will surely be like a movie scene full of overwhelmingly happy tears when I get to throw my arms around them. There's nothing in this world like the love of your family.
             
 Well, I am starting to see that I could go way past just 10 things I miss. Even with all of these amazing adventures and things I'm seeing, the same quote always rings true....there's just no place like home.
 

1 comment: