Monday, September 3, 2012

"The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff.” – Britney Spears

Brunch. Where to start with brunch. Well, going to "brunch" here is not like brunch at home. At home we have a delicious selection of breakfast foods...everything from omelets to biscuits & gravy to french toast.....mmmm, I'm missing it just thinking about it! Brunch is usually after church-you know, when you just get out of church and you're ready to eat with your family and catch up. Well....brunch here was full of lunch foods and....oh yes....all the (cheap) champagne and vodka you can drink. It's more of a social drinking event than a Sunday after church family time. What?! Of course....you know I was still excited about this!

There is no shortage of drinks at brunch. You can get as many of whatever you'd like. Yummy!

Hazel requested a tray from the bartender so she wouldn't have to get up as much. Genius! ;)
Basically when you go to brunch here, you pay a flat rate, ours was 21bd or about $50 US dollars. Then, you drink the whole 4 hours of brunch and head straight to the bars to make an entire day/night of it. Brunch started at noon and Amanda and I went home "early" at about 1am. (I know Mom & Dad are proud right now.)



The food at brunch was ehhh. Mostly fish and random dishes that I don't really eat. But the Absolut Vodka bar was my friend....later my enemy. I first ordered a Bloody Mary....a breakfast drink, of course. Everyone at the table was completely grossed out by it. I tried to explain it and make them taste it, but they were not havin it. It was pretty delish though.

After brunch we headed over to a pub called JJ's. (I'm sure my mom & sister can guess my name for this place. We are so funny, aren't we? ;) ) JJ's was really fun. We danced and met some new people and had a great time. After awhile it was time to move on so we headed next to Dublins Irish Pub. At Dublins, the ladies get to drink for free. Which is good if you like absolutely disgusting drinks. We relived some college days here with a little game of Flip Cup. It was good times.

 

And then, after about 13 hours of having a grand old time, we decided it was *maybe* time to go to home. So of course Amanda and I went to our favorite shawarma boy for a bite....or a buffet....of 1am sharawmas. Which was a disgusting scene on the kitchen table the next day.

All in all the brunch was a fabulously fabulous time. I definitely had fun with lots of new people that I met. It also made me miss all of my friends back home. Something like this would REALLY be amazing fun with my closest friends in Tejas. *sigh* I'm not homesick yet, but I do have quite the list starting of things I miss the most. It's been 1 month and 3 days since I last saw Texas, my family, & my Moose!! I can't believe it! Time is flying on this trip and I am not looking forward to leaving Amanda in just one week.

Time to motivate myself to get out of bed and enjoy the day now....hoot!

 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Britney Spears-what an intellectual. Speaking about intellectual things, where is your information about art and architecture there? It sounds like party city but there has to be more to do than that. Fill us in on the local scene- not just expats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, hello Mom & Dad-so good to receive a comment from you both :) If you will read my other posts, I have written about local food, Iftar, Ramadan, The Tree of Life, Belly Dancing, The Bahrain National Museum, traditions and culture, coffee in the souk, and other things I have experienced rather than the bars and expats. I'll work on being a little more than Britney Spears intellectual for yall. In the meantime, read the other posts. Love you MOM!

    ReplyDelete