Wednesday, September 12, 2012

*first* panic attack of the trip? Deserves to be blogged, I suppose.

This may be stupid, but....I think I am having a *minor* panic attack! I am about to attempt to ride the subway...solo...in another country. What if I get lost? Mugged? Lost? Lost? LOST???

I've never used public transportation by myself. At home, I take a car everywhere. And on the few occasions that I've used public transport, I've always had people with me. Feels safer that way! You know, if you get lost or anything happens, it's not as bad when you have others to help each other out and figure it out. And I've also always been in an area that I know....and that people speak English. Totally NOT my situation now!

Ahhhhh! Breathe, breathe, breathe. I guess this is what everybody meant when they told me that this trip would show me I am stronger than I ever knew I could be. Sounds silly to compare that to riding on a subway alone, but this is something I have NEVER done and honestly, given the choice, would probably rather not do at all. S-C-A-R-E-D. But I'm going to try. We shall see. After all, it is going to be a LOOOOOOOONG 2.5 more months if I don't actually get used to public transportation.

Alright, wish me luck people! Hopefully I survive to write a blog about how I survived! To be continued, dun dun duuuuuuuuuun....

 

8 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, my driving service doesn't cover Europe. Just pretend whomever you potentially interact with is me and start telling stories per your usual modus operandi. Beffudled or confused as your listener may be, they will think twice about abducting you. You might even find yourself with empty seating and a free ticket for your trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Devin Brown, you need to step up your driving service game. And as for me and my stories...I think it would result in a line of people waiting to sit next to me. Watch yo mouf :P

      Delete
  2. I remember that feeling. Especially as a woman alone for the adventure. It is scary!!! Also, it did happen to me, many times, and you might actually have it happen to you. Don't panic, if you get lost, then meet new people and find a place a stay because that is where you were meant to be and "get lost" in that place:-) Thinking of you sweetie and living through your adventures. Stay strong, brave and above all safe!! Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, your words made me tear up! I love connecting to stories of your adventure. I am glad to say that I have survived the day & am back safe and sound on the couch :) Reaching a whole new level of emotions on this journey & I think it's gone from comfortable to terrifying over night! Hope you are doing well. Always nice to hear from you! L&L

      Delete
  3. Good luck, sweet girl! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I survived!!! :D Feeling proud of the little accomplishments along the way!

      Delete
  4. You can do it Grasshopper. You are smart and strong and you know there are things to buy at the end of those subway lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this comment is from my mother. Am I right?? Who else knows my motivation is shopping :D I survived! Love and miss you lots!

      Delete