Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wurzburg, Germany!

Wurzburg is amazing!! WOW!

I remember meeting with my friend Beth before I left Texas. She is a sweet Kappa sister that I met through the alum website as well. She took a similar journey when she was younger, so she was a great resource for tips, tricks, & motivation. She had told me that traveling alone is the most amazing and rewarding journey, but to know that sometimes I will get discouraged or lonely or sad. This rings so true!! Just 2 days ago on that crazy night train I was thinking "How will I survive so long on my own?" "This is scary!" "I'm lonelyyyyy!" But...here I am....two days later....and IN LOVE with Germany already. I can't imagine missing out on somewhere like this just because I was scared of trying something new alone.

The scenery here is amazing! I am just stunned when I walk down the streets in the town here. Beautiful and you just can't find anything like it in the states!
I love me some German food so I was SO excited when Ashley & her husband took me to a yummy restaurant and brewery for lunch yesterday! I had schnitzel with fries and a yummy German beer. Amazing! Maybe it's starting to hit me that not having a car is a good thing. All of the walking will cancel out my food and drink while in Germany, right?? :) Below is me and Ashley, my Kappa sister that took me in! I am so enjoying getting to know her. It is amazing the trust you can have from one little bond. Very proud to be a Kappa!
Yesterday we went browsing for our dirndls. Going back this morning to buy one! I am SO excited for Oktoberfest! And I am buying an actual handmade dirndl....something special to keep, though I'm not sure when I will get to wear it again! Of course, that will have to be mailed home...not going to fit into the backpack for the next 2.5 months!
When walking on the bridge, Ashley and Chris showed me the locks people put on them. I can't believe I've never heard of this! Story of it is that when two people are in love, they put a lock on the bridge. They were telling me that there was a bridge in France that had so many locks it was pulling the bridge down with the extra weight! Pretty cute little tradition. Maybe I will get to put a lock on a bridge one day ;)
Today should be a fun day! After shopping and walking around town, an old friend from my school days is coming out to Wurzburg for dinner and hanging out! I've known Kris for ages and he is stationed about an hour away in the US Military. Should be great fun to see him!

Missing my Moose & my family, but loving loving loving Germany so far! Have a good day, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment