Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Catch up blog for the Mama!

I have SO MUCH catching up to do on this blog!! I've been so busy that it's actually been hard to find the time to keep up. Hopefully this evening I can write a few different ones from the past couple of weeks in Bahrain.

Before I get started on that....let me update you on my whereabouts for now. I just arrived back to Stockholm last night. We left Amanda's place to head for the airport at about 2:30am. Knowing it was our last night, we decided not to sleep and to just hang out instead. It was so nice to see everybody before I headed off to the airport. I met some really amazing people in Bahrain that made me feel so welcome and at home. Was very hard to say goodbye!

My first flight to Instanbul was okay. Was served something questionable for breakfast so skipped out on it. Had a bumpy flight so got only a bit of a nap in here and there. Then I was back at the Instanbul airport. Yuck. I hadn't had enough time between trips here yet to forget how much I disliked it. Once again it was super overcrowded. I thought I had only a 2 hour layover...but that turned into 5 hours. I bought a small bag of chips and a juice.....8, yes 8, US dollars! Ugh! Then I found a lovely spot on the dirty floor and took a quick nap. Like a champ. Finally, by 2pm it was time to go and I was off to Sweden.

The flight to Sweden was horribly horrible. I am convinced every person on that flight except me had a baby with them. I sat next to a lady with a toddler who she passed off an ipad to watch Telly Tubbies....SAME EPISODE....ON REPEAT....NO HEADPHONES. Oh, I was so overtired and annoyed at this point. Ya know, there's many reasons why I have chosen to wait to produce minions so far in life and having peace & quiet when I want it is at the top of that list. Just because you're used to being a mom and listening to torture on repeat doesn't mean you have to share that gift with others. Parents: INVEST IN HEADPHONES. (please). Okay, rant over.

After about a 17 hour journey, lack of sleep or a meal...Ola & Jonas picked me up at the airport. I finally made it to the couch and crashed out for the night. Sleep was SO GOOD.

Ola is out of town for work so today was my first day solo. Went out, no car and no tour guide, and explored. I didn't even get lost, woo hoo! Went shopping for a bit, wandered around, sat outside and did nothing but think, and grabbed a bite to eat. Was very relaxing.

Being alone has never been something I am good at. I've always been surrounded by people. Even trips to the grocery, grabbing food, walking the dog....always had somebody by my side. I have to say, I am getting good at being alone and doing things alone. Quite impressed with myself, actually! Who knew??? Hopefully it stays this entertaining because I've got quite a bit of time left to hang out with the coolest person I'll ever know :)

Quick shout out to my big bro: Happy birthday to my favorite partner in crime since my first day on this planet! He's my Stannaise, my Stana Claus, my cocker Stanniel, my hand stan...a big brother that's had my back from the start. LOVE YOU!!

Be on the lookout for some blogs to come from Bahrain over the next couple days. I've been getting grief from the fam for not writing enough! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment