Thursday, August 16, 2012

Iftar & Jack

Ohhhhhhhhhh, where to start on yesterday?!

The first thing we did was go to a hotel restaurant for Iftar. (Yay-here's where I get to teach you my first lesson!). Iftar is a huge dinner when the Muslims break their fast during Ramadan. We went to a buffet and it was DELICIOUS! I got to try all kinds of yummy Bahrani food. I'm not quite sure what most of what I ate was, but I loved it! Here we are at dinner with two of Amanda's friends, Joe and Hugh, (notice their sweet outfits!)...



Because it is still Ramadan, there is no where to really go/nothing to really do. Most everything is closed and you aren't able to do things like go out for drinks. Amanda and I decided to do the only thing there was left to do....break into her stash of Jack and pick up some good ole Coca Cola. On our way out of the car it hit me that I am actually in a.....desert....sand, sand, sand.
Even with nothing to "officially" do, Amanda and I did what we do best together: had a fabulous time and strolled in the door about 6am. This little desert and I are going to get along just fine :)

3 comments:

  1. The dinner sounds very interesting! What a great experience. More pics, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to change your footwear to "sandals"? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and Amanda are having fun. The banquet sounds delicious! Have fun. I miss you a lot Dad, Stan, and Myles miss you too!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete