Saturday, August 11, 2012

Absolut Awesome....a trip to the Ice Hotel!

I have had my eye on the Ice Bar since I decided I was coming to Sweden! The other night...all of my Ice Bar dreams came true :) Ola, Patrik, Fredrik, and I hit up the Absolut Ice Bar and I was giddy with excitement!

You have to make a reservation to go to the ice bar. You pay about 190 SEK, or about $30 US and you get a super cool parka, gloves, and one Absolut vodka drink. Here we are:

Inside the Ice Bar is SO COOL (literally)! Everything is made of....ICE! The chairs, the bar, the walls, your glass...everything. So neat!


All of the drinks are made with Absolut vodka. I had a "snowflake" and it was DELICIOUS! I would have loved to stay for more drinks, but after about 25 minutes I couldn't feel my little toes anymore!
It was a super neat experience and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Stockholm! I was SO pumped about getting to go there. My night was even more awesome when sweet Patrik bought me an Ice Bar lanyard----oh yes! That is SO going on my teacher ID one day (ONE day...when I have to go back to working, *ahem*).

After the Ice Bar, we hopped on the subway and headed to the Vampire Lounge. Being a True Blood fan I had visualized Fangtasia in my head :) It was pretty neat! You walk down the stairs into a cave-like atmosphere complete with skeletons, red lights, and dragons. Pretty cool little place. My favorite part was the yummy MILKSHAKE drinks! They had fun vampirey names. Except, I found one that didn't ;) I ordered the "North Pole" which was a milkshake with blue peppermints, Absolut vodka, de kuyper blue curacao, and Vicks Blue. Ummm.....YUM!!! A little pricey, but fun place to see.
Our last stop was one more bar that we went up the elevator to the 20-something floor and had an amazing view of the city night! By this time, I was exhausted from all of the walking of the day....darn Swedish fitness...so I could only keep my eyes open for one last drink. I can't remember the name of this place, but it was super cute and fancy inside. The bartenders wore suspenders and nerdy glasses-super cute!

Great spots to visit and great night! I really love Ola, Patrik, and Fredrik! All three are super nice, super fun guys. And their English is awesome. Jalepeno ;) If you ever visit Stockholm, they will take you to all the neatest places! Next blog up will not be bars (You're welcome Mom).

Lots of fun!! If you want to see the rest of the Ice Bar pictures, check out
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10101051194973880.2724394.23920002&type=1&l=e12ead7cc6
HoOt!

No comments:

Post a Comment