Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dear Mom & Dad, Please send....my CAR!!!

Today was the earliest I was up and out of bed ready to go! We skipped breakfast to try to get an early morning view from the top of the Kaknas Tower....155 meters up top. Beautiful view to start the day!
While we were up there, Ola pointed to a place on the map of the city that was REALLY far away and said "We are going to walk here next." Because he already knows how much I *love* walking, I laughed and said "Yeah, okay. See you at the bus stop"....

But no, we really were walking. It was about 4 miles to Skansen. (I know, you don't believe I did it...without complaining!!) ;)

First off the walk was great...beautiful views of course. Took this great pic for my sweet neice Cate who loves horses!
Then, down came the rain! LOTS of rain! We weren't even close to Skansen yet, so when it was really bad we hid under trees and the rest of the time Ola made me brave it. UGH!

BUT...I survived the 4 mile HIKE into Skansen, a gorgeous outdoor museum with everything from a zoo to aquarium to gardens, food, and history. Very neat place! We had a great time checking out all of the animals. I also liked my yummy lunch of chicken stuffed with apple, potatos, and a Raspberry cider. Delish!
In some parts of the zoo, you could walk in with the animals...like the picture above. Very cool! A little more trusting than in America...signs just said "Don't touch"...and people listen, imagine that ;)

After Skansen we headed over to the larger aquarium. It had lots of neat places to walk through, like a real digustingly humid feeling rain forest, and places you can climb underground to get a better view of the fish! Below is Ola in the rain forest.

Next up was my favorite idea of the day....taking the train back home!! But...lucky me...MORE rain and the buses and trains were so full we couldn't find one without a huge line. So...we walked...a couple more miles...to the subway. On the subway, I quickly passed out :) Ahhhh, nice!

So far, today has been all rain and all walking. Now I am off to rest and shower up so we can go to two of the places I am most excited about: The Absolute Ice Bar and Vampire Bar! Looking forward to a great night.

By the way, Mom & Dad, please send that car...or money for a chaufer will do ;)


7 comments:

  1. Of course, 2 of the places you are most excited about are.....bars.
    lol...miss your face :)

    -Cooptastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and your great job of pointing things like this out :) Miss ya boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, we have had a great time using your car while you are gone-just kidding! It sounds like Ola is the best guide EVER! Walking is good for you (better than the bars)! It sounds like you are having so much fun! Tell Ola to send some of that rain to Texas-we need it. The temperature has been over 100 every day and it is really dry (not green like Sweden)! Tell Ola hi for us! We miss you and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let mom fool you....dad WAS driving your car...his ride must not cut it ;-) For some reason he wasn't feelin' the Juicy air freshener though....it was MIA. I have thought about texting or calling you so many times, and then I remember....can't. Boo hoo!! Miss you :) XOXO, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see pictures of the Ice Bar. I have always wanted to go. Enjoy some Absolute for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of walking!! How fun!! :-) ~ LauRad.

    ReplyDelete