Friday, July 6, 2012

www.whereismywebsite.com

It's been awhile since I wrote a blog entry. I thought my website, www.thewiseyoungowl.com, would be way beyond ready by now. Well....Lesson #1 learned and I haven't even gotten started on the trip yet!

Lesson #1: Be flexible and don't focus on "expectations"

The website is still in the works, (This is what happens when your web designer is also your brother who puts you at the bottom the the totem pole. Eh-lucky me).

So, a few things that have happened since I left my job...

I met an AMAZING Kappa sister through Kappa Connections online. She went on this same type of journey at the same point in her life! We connected via email and this week I finally got to meet her! She is so fantastic and I felt so connected to her in our free spirit and adventerous independence. It is so great what my sorority has been able to bless me with, even years after college. She gave me tons of great tips, inspiring words, and even opened new doors for me on my journey. You will be hearing more of my new sweet friend, Beth, and ideas and fun I got from her!

I know Beth is the one to trust when it comes to narrowing down the hundreds of guidebooks I was finding online and in the book store. She highly recommended this gem:


I went to Barnes and Noble tonight and still got to use my beloved Teacher Discount...woo woo! Looks like this and a nice bottle of cheap red wine will keep me glued to the couch tonight.

Next up: The list of things I need for my trip that REFUSES to quit growing!
Feeling: Stressed yet insanely excited....

I can do this....I can do this....HOOT!

1 comment:

  1. Have you been able to use the book yet? I'm so looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Love following your blog! L& L Beth

    ReplyDelete