Monday, July 16, 2012

Get your party pants on Sweden, cause I'm a comin!

So...I did it! I actually bought my plane ticket! Heading out to Stockholm, Sweden on August 1st so I will get in the evening of the 2nd. I have a dear friend, Ola, who will be picking me up at the airport. I met Ola in 2003 during my freshman year of college at good ole SFA...aka....Naca-no-where, Texas! I can't even FIND my ridiculous album of photos from SFA, but I did manage to find a couple of random goodies.
Don't judge...not sure what I was thinking with the ridiculous hat. Nonetheless, there's Ola and me in the bottom right corner together at dinner with friends!
Laura, Tiffany, Mackinzie, Me, Ola...Best group of friends at SFA!


Ola and I have been friends for 9 years now. Love that guy to death! In college he was everything from my dance party partner (MMMMbop), to my cafeteria date (I think he used my meal card more than I did), to a guaranteed giggle fest (that's right, I said GIGGLE), to most importantly one of the best friends I made at Stephen F. I can't wait to see him again for even more, though probably not more mature, memories.

So someone asked me today if I was feeling scared or confident. The answer to that is that I am feeling both equally! It's kind of freaking me out to know I have two weeks until my income stops and I'm all alone hundreds of miles away from anything familiar to me. Everything I do is starting to make me feel like I should hold onto it...seeing friends & family, my puppy Moose, sleeping in my own BED!! Then again, I couldn't be more excited to see old friends and make new. To wander, to explore, to push myself into situations that will force me to grow more as a person in a few months than a year at home would provide.

Anyway, we shall see! Had lunch with El Hefe today, (the D-A-D), and my fortune cookie said "You will soon take a journey far away filled with good things". Well, the cookie knew 50% of that...let's hope it gets the other half right too so it can be....well...one smart cookie. Ba dum bum!

HoOt!


No comments:

Post a Comment