Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sweet Home Kappa Gamma

If you don't know already, I am a very proud Kappa alum! (Hints the owl obsession, the blue & blue page, etc...)
Well, one of the things I am going to miss the MOST on my journey will definitely be my sweet, sweet sisters who have become the closest of friends to me. I will be missing baby showers, weddings, Happy Hours, and all of the fun we have in between. Thank God for Skype so I can at least pop in to some of these things!

Last Thursday, some of my favorite Kappas threw me a "See ya Later" bash. We took a trip down memory lane and hit up all of our favorite college hot spots! FAB idea for a girl's night out! We had the best sleepover...I'm a true believer that you're never too old for a sleepover with your best friends! We stuffed our faces full of greasy, horribly fattening food. We kept up with the glory days of Fry Street. I'd like to think that though we were probably the oldest ones on Fry Street that night, we were also the most fun and we definitely STILL GOT IT ;)

Here's part of the gang after eating at Sweetwater, one of our favorite spots to eat on the square!


I couldn't ask for better sisters.

What I am going to miss most about these girls is the fact that at any time in  my life, I can call them up and share any emotion in the world with them and they will be there. We have the BEST time together. There is never a dull moment. These are some of the most beautiful and strongest women I could imagine meeting. The thought that I can't just call them up or meet up with them makes me choke up a bit! I know I won't be gone forever, but the security of knowing that close-knit bond isn't just a drive away can be scary to think about!

However, something else that Kappa has given me is the gift of Kappa Connections. The ability to stay in touch with and meet women just as amazing as the ones I get to call my best friends. Through Kappa Connections I have already met women that are opening their home to me on my journey just because of the fact that we share the bond & loyalty that is Kappa. I couldn't feel more blessed.


I look forward to updating you on the new Kappas that I meet when I get to Europe. I can't wait to build new friendships on my journey! Knowing I will have that connection & friendly face thousands of miles away is so comforting! In the meantime, I can't thank my sweet Zeta Sigma Kappas enough for a wonderfully hilarious and out of control memory of our last night out...for awhile :) Update me on everything, Skype me into every big event that I'll be missing, and don't forget to video Wells pushin out that little DZ!


LOVE YOU GIRLS!
L&L


HoOt! 

1 comment:

  1. Holly! Love this blog! Just added it to my stalking, I mean, blogs to follow list. Can't wait to keep updated on all of your fun journeys. You are going to have such an amazing experience and make some awesome memories! I'll be sure to keep you updated with Tripp and send you some really graphic delivery pics. You can thank me later! :) Stay safe, keep it classy and bring me back something legit!

    Love and Loyally,
    Wells-Zamarripa

    ReplyDelete